The Remote Workplace: Strategies for Managing Employees who Work from Home (On-Demand)
Every relationship requires some conversation, expectation setting, and mutual agreements – an employee working from home is no different. This session is designed to provide managers and HR professionals a strategy and process for designing an alliance between them and their remote employee to ensure a mutually satisfactory remote working relationship.
In this program, you will learn:
- To recognize the qualities to hire for telecommuting positions.
- To determine when remote working options make sense for an organization.
- To recognize the need for a specific expectation setting conversation about the remote workplace.
- To examine the components of a "Designing Alliance" conversation about the remote workplace.
- To prepare for a Designing Alliance conversation with a staff member.
Who Should Attend:
- Mid level and above: HR and business professionals.
Dr. Elisa Chavez, Principal, Cambiar Leadership & Organizational Effectiveness, is a proven organizational development professional. She excels at helping individuals, teams, and organizations build leadership capacity and change resilience as they move through the messy realities of constant change.
Elisa’s areas of expertise include leadership development, coaching, improving performance (individual, team, and organization), managing change and transition, group dynamics and facilitation, adult learning, curriculum design, and project management. Elisa has held increasingly responsible management, training and organizational development positions in banking, post-secondary education, journalism, health insurance, and most recently worked with the BC Health Authorities, helping create a groundbreaking provincial approach to leadership development – a project where true collaboration flourished.
Elisa hold a doctorate in Organizational Leadership, a Masters in Organizational Management and certificates in Human Systems Dynamics, Training Specialist and William Bridges Change and Transition Management. Her doctoral research focused on managing organizational change culminating in her dissertation The Change Equation: A Correlation Study of Status Quo Bias in Managers.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must log in using your CPHR BC & Yukon login and password to receive member pricing.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
||• Professional Practice
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714
A full refund, less a $25 processing fee, will be issued for cancellations submitted at least one week prior to an event or workshop. Attendee substitutions are permitted; however, member/non-member rate differences will apply. Please submit cancellation or substitution requests by fax (604-684-3225) or e-mail (email@example.com). Please note that this policy does not apply to conferences, exams or no-charge registrations. CPHR exam fees are non-refundable if registration is canceled after the registration deadline. Please note our deferral policy.