Turn Your Company into a Talent-Making Machine (On-Demand)
Two-part Webinar Series
The quality of leadership in an organization has a significant impact on employee engagement, productivity, and retention, and on talent acquisition, customer service, and profitability. Merely hoping the cream will rise to the top (“survival of the fittest”) puts you at risk of losing many promising players and almost guarantees that you will have many prize employees who are under-developed, under-leveraged, and under-performing. Leadership talent is far too precious to waste. We need to be proactive in our talent development, strategically developing leaders and leadership at all levels: “development of the fittest.” This two-part webinar series will focus on identifying and developing high potentials and future leaders.
Webinar 1- Identifying High-Potentials
This webinar will focus on identifying high-potential leaders: what to look for (signs of leadership potential); where to look; engaging line managers and senior leaders in assessing talent; and communicating leadership criteria throughout your organization. The webinar will share practical techniques, leading edge research, best practices, and useful tools.
You Will Learn:
Webinar 2- Developing High-Potentials
- What is a high-potential program?
- Strategic perspective: identifying your organization’s needs
- Where to look: leveraging many sources of good information
- What to look for: signs of leadership potentialWho to involve: engaging line managers and senior leaders in assessing talent
This webinar will focus on developing high-potential leaders; engaging line managers and senior leaders in developing talent; and building a culture of leadership to keep your talent pipeline full and enhance leadership performance at all levels. The webinar will share practical techniques, leading edge research, best practices, and useful tools.
You Will Learn:
- Developing high-potentials: primary approaches and supporting tactics
- Engaging line managers and senior leaders in developing talent
- Building a culture of leadership and talent development
- Using leadership development to drive vision and strategy
- Validation and continuous improvement
Who Should Attend:
- Mid-level practitioners and above. This webinar series will be valuable for anyone who is involved in leadership development and talent management within an organization, and especially those involved in identifying, developing, and retaining High Potentials.
Joel Shapiro, Ph.D., President of Advanture Consulting, helped save his third generation family business in a “do or die” competitive battle against a giant multi-national firm. Joel now helps organizations around the world make strategy stick, build leaders at all levels, and manage culture and change. He has educated leaders from hundreds of organizations in his open enrolment programs, and has designed and facilitated dozens of customized leadership and organizational development programs for many tier-one firms, including Accenture, Apache, Atco, BC HRMA, BC Hydro, CGA of BC, Direct Energy, Fortis BC, ICBC, LaFarge, Nestle, Providence Health Care, Telus, and WestJet.
Joel is a former member of the Canadian National Freestyle Ski Team; earned a Ph.D. with Distinction in Philosophy; served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the leading edge Master of Workplace Learning Program at the University of Calgary; and has done pro-bono work for a variety of non-profits (ethnic, gender, and environmental).
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must log in using your CPHR BC & Yukon login and password to receive member pricing.
• Trouble logging in to PD On-Demand? Watch our video tutorial or click here for help.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com
||• Workforce Planning and Talent Management
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714
A full refund, less a $25 processing fee, will be issued for cancellations submitted at least one week prior to an event or workshop. Attendee substitutions are permitted; however, member/non-member rate differences will apply. Please submit cancellation or substitution requests by fax (604-684-3225) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that this policy does not apply to conferences, exams or no-charge registrations. CPHR exam fees are non-refundable if registration is canceled after the registration deadline. Please note our deferral policy.