Cancelled - CPHR National Knowledge Exam Prep Course (Virtual Classroom)
Date: March 10 12, 2021
This course is cancelled. If you wish to attend the in-take scheduled on March 24-26, please see further details here. We apologize for any inconvenience.
This recently revised and improved CPHR BC & Yukon prep course is designed to give our members a more thorough understanding of what they will need to know in order to be successful when writing the CPHR National Knowledge Exam* (NKE).
During this facilitator-led three-day online course, participants will review and discuss important HR theory for each competency area. Sample exam questions and a glossary of terms for each competency area will be analyzed, enabling participants to identify knowledge gaps. Participants will also have the opportunity to discuss techniques for passing. The goal of this course is to equip students with the tools and knowledge needed to prepare effectively for the NKE.
Take the prep course well in advance of your exam date to give yourself ample time to fill in gaps in your knowledge in the seven core competencies.
*New National Knowledge Exam Coursework Requirement:
As of January 2021, there is a new coursework requirement for anyone who wishes to write the National Knowledge Exam (NKE). CPHR Canada added this coursework requirement to ensure that registrants for the NKE have a foundational knowledge of the CPHR Competency Framework. You may find further details here.
You will learn:
- The structure and format of the CPHR NKE - components and weightings
- An overview of the body of knowledge covered by the exam
- To apply the knowledge using sample questions and group activities
- How to design and implement an individualized learning plan
Facilitator: Araz Rismani, CPHR
Araz Rismani, a chartered professional in human resources, have 10 years’ experience in human resources and operational management in social service industry. Araz has served on the boards and advisory councils of many non-profit and civic organizations including City of Coquitlam and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Araz currently operates his HR consulting firm specializing in providing HR and corporate training.
Who Should Attend: Anyone looking for more information on how to prepare for the CPHR NKE.
Format: Online via Zoom
This course will be delivered online via Zoom. Before submitting your registration/joining the session, please ensure you are able to download and install the latest version of Zoom application (https://zoom.us/download) on your computer or laptop.
8:15 am - 8:30 am Log-in
8:30 am - 1:30 pm Course (3 days)
Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 4, 2021
Three-day Online Course + Handbook
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714
SHIPPING OF MATERIALS
- Prep course participants will receive the handbook one week prior to the course date.
- Shipping and handling included in course fees. Participants must cover additional costs for shipping to an address outside BC and Yukon. Please email email@example.com for an estimate.
- Full refund, less $25 processing fee when cancelled on or before February 4, 2021.
- Full refund, less $75 processing fee when cancelled on or before February 15, 2021.
- No refund when cancelled after February 15, 2021.
- Attendee substitutions are permitted; however, member/non-member rate differences will apply.
Please submit cancellation or substitution requests by fax (604-684-3225) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that this policy does not apply to conferences, exams or no-charge registrations. CPHR exam fees are non-refundable if registration is canceled after the registration deadline. Please note our deferral policy.