Communicating Change (On-Demand/Webinar Recording)
(Original broadcast date: November 5, 2019.)
“Communication is like a game of catch. There is a throw and then a catch, followed by another throw and another catch. In many changing organizations, there is just a lot of throwing.”
Inadequate communication continues to be one of the top three reasons change fails in most organizations. Many changing organizations rely on various forms of technology to communicate change information. This reliance gets them only so far, and it is usually not very far at all.
Communicating Change is a comprehensive, practical program that ensures changing organizations are up to the challenge of helping everyone wrap their brains, arms and heart around all the changes.
In this presentation, you will learn how to:
- Explore the complexity of the challenge of communication facing every changing organization.
- Determine the essential principles behind the Who, What, When & How to ensure communication engages everyone.
- Apply a variety of helpful communication tools to the situation in your own changing organization.
- Outline a plan to significantly improve the level of engagement in your changing organization.
Who should attend:
- Everyone in a changing organization who is in a position where they must communicate change related information. This includes supervisors, team leaders, managers, directors, executives, project teams and communication professionals.
About the presenters:
Chris Edgelow is the Founder & President of Sundance Consulting Inc and Lost Creek Press Ltd, organizations dedicated to providing consulting / training services and publishing a variety of resources that help organizations change. For more than 30 years, Chris has worked extensively throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. He has taught at the university level and is a sought-after speaker at many conferences each year. Always engaging and very practical in his approach, Chris help people face the reality of what is currently happening in their organizations and find ways to build the necessary leadership competencies that will ensure their changes succeed.
Erica Leakey practices inner conflict. She is a graduate of the Masters of Arts Conflict Analysis and Management degree at Royal Roads University and holds a Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in Law from Carleton University. She is a Director of the board for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of British Columbia and a Professor at Yorkville University.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must provide your CPHR BC & Yukon Member ID to receive member pricing.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714