Thriving On Change (On-Demand)
(Original broadcast date: October 15, 2019.)
Thriving on Change provides common sense solutions to the challenge of dealing with change. It is a practical, relevant and easily applied set of tools everyone can apply to their lives.
"Are more things changing in your life right now than staying the same?"
That is certainly the case for many people these days, regardless of what phase of life they are trying to navigate. While change is constant throughout our life, there are times it just feels overwhelming.
Stress is often defined as a failure to adapt to change. Living with change in ways that reduce stress has become a core survival skill for everyone who wants to keep up and thrive in today's fast-paced world.
In this presentation, you will learn how to:
- Determine the various ways change is impacting you and how you can take better care of yourself.
- Assess your current level of resiliency and identify simple ways you can strengthen it immediately.
- Clarify the difference between change and transition, a crucial distinction to understand when trying to navigate times of major change.
- Outline a personal transition plan to help you get through all the current changes you are facing.
- Develop a simple map that identifies where all the changes are on your journey through transition.
Who should attend:
- Everyone who is dealing with lots of changes in their lives will find this course invaluable.
- This course is also very helpful to people who are coaching others in their organization who are struggling with change.
About the presenters:
Chris Edgelow is the Founder & President of Sundance Consulting Inc and Lost Creek Press Ltd, organizations dedicated to providing consulting / training services and publishing a variety of resources that help organizations change. For more than 30 years, Chris has worked extensively throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. He has taught at the university level and is a sought-after speaker at many conferences each year. Always engaging and very practical in his approach, Chris help people face the reality of what is currently happening in their organizations and find ways to build the necessary leadership competencies that will ensure their changes succeed.
Erica Leakey practices inner conflict. She is a graduate of the Masters of Arts Conflict Analysis and Management degree at Royal Roads University and holds a Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in Law from Carleton University. She is a Director of the board for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of British Columbia and a Professor at Yorkville University.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must provide your CPHR BC & Yukon Member ID to receive member pricing.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714