The Rise of Disruptive Technologies and the Future of Work (On-Demand)
(Original broadcast date: July 31, 2019.)
We are on the cusp of a dramatic technological revolution that will disrupt our workplaces in a manner that our society has not experienced since our shift from an agrarian to an industrial economy. Led by such nascent technologies as self-driving cars, large-scale 3-D printing and artificial intelligence, this technological revolution will dramatically touch every industry, from trucking, construction and manufacturing to engineering, accounting and medicine.
Are we ready for this change? If managed properly, this technological leap has the potential to make us wealthier, healthier and happier. However, it may also lead to wide-scale job destruction, dramatically increased inequality and a rapid spike in permanent unemployment.
In this program, you will learn:
- Critical thinking about the future of work and HR’s role in managing disruptive technologies
- Discussion about skills redundancy and workforce training
- Discussion about how automation, artificial intelligence and software developments will impact human resources as a profession.
Who should take this course:
- Open to all. While the speaker is a lawyer, this is not a legal topic and will be fairly general.
About the presenter:
is an individualist. His nonconformist mindset and passion for transformation set him apart in a profession steeped (and sometimes mired) in tradition. Where others spot problems, David sees possibility and promise. He understands and appreciates not just the practice but the business of law. Add to all this his disarming wit, bellowing voice, and lofty stature, and there’s no mistaking him in a crowd. A trusted workplace advisor to companies in British Columbia, David is firm in his belief that employment relationships should be mutually beneficial to employers and employees alike, founded on a relationship of trust and respect.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must provide your CPHR BC & Yukon Member ID to receive member pricing.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com.
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714