Career Security in the Gig Economy (On-Demand)
(Original broadcast date: February 7, 2019.)
The gig economy refers to the significant increase of: short term, contract, temporary and free lance work being done today in organizations of all sizes and in every sector. Full-time, long-term secure jobs are no longer the best way to get work done in fast moving organizations. This new reality has created a profound shift in career management that few of us are ready for, but many of us have already experienced.
This insightful webinar provides a practical approach to establishing a career that will thrive on this current fluid environment by exploring the new economics of career security.
Whether you are in the early years of your career journey, navigating your mid-career years or are trying to squeeze out a few more before winding down, you will find this program very helpful.
In this program, you will learn:
- Explore the forces reshaping organizations today resulting in this fundamental shift in how work is getting done.
- Discover the four components of career management: know yourself / know your marketplace / have something valuable to offer / run your career as if it were your business.
- Uncover the essential economic principles of career security necessary to thrive in this job insecure marketplace.
- Measure your current level of readiness for this rapidly evolving world of work.
Who should take this course:
- Young professionals starting out their careers.
- Mid-career professionals.
- Professionals late in their career.
Watch the promo video:
About the presenter:
Chris Edgelow is Founder & President of Sundance Consulting Inc. For more than 30 years he has consulted with organizations around the world. His work has always focused on leadership, change and capitalizing on our rapidly transforming world.
Someone once described Chris as a serial entrepreneur. Except for a challenging few years working for an organization, Chris has always worked for himself. Yet, he never suggests anyone should leave their current job to work for themselves. That is, all too often, a pathway to failure.
He has learned how to apply the principles of running a business to managing a career. Very practical in his approach, he will guide you through a way of thinking about where your career has taken you so far, where you are now, where you want your career to go and how to get it there.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must provide your CPHR BC & Yukon Member ID to receive member pricing.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com.
||• Learning and Development
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714