University of California - UCLA Extension / Advanced HR Management
Date: June 26 September 17, 2017
In partnership with:
The University of California opened its doors in 1869 and
today, the UC system includes more than 238,000 students and more than 190,000 faculty and staff, with more than 1.7
million alumni living and working around the world. UCLA's campuses are routinely ranked among the best in the world.
As one of the oldest, largest, and most comprehensive continuing higher education providers in US, UCLA Extension gives
the learners high quality learning experience. UCLA Extension offers:
- The excellence that comes with a UCLA-approved
- Open Enrollment
- Online courses
- Certificate Programs, transferable credits
- Courses specifically designed for working adults,
college students, and lifelong learners
UCLA Extension is the continuing education arm of UCLA,
headquartered on the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles. UCLA Extension offers UCLA - approved curriculum.
CPHR BC & YK has partnered with the UCLA Extension to deliver a custom,
online, Advanced Human Resources Management Program that includes the following 3 courses:
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Human Capital Management
- Advanced Human Resources Management
- Certificate Programs, transferable credits
The program is open enrollment. Classes fall within the 12 week
quarters. The standard for a 4 unit, academic credit bearing class is 36 hours in and out of the classroom. The typical student
might spend about 24-29 hours. The program is not self-paced and that means that each course has fixed start and end dates.
However, students can work at their leisure 24 hours a day (no exact class time during the day or week). They must submit the
assignments on-time and participate in the online discussions during the week. Most assignments are due by the end of each week.
Strategic Human Resources Management
This course introduces the seasoned HR practitioner to areas of knowledge CEOs expect, and helps participants develop a comfort speaking the same language as other business leaders to effectively partner at the senior levels of the organization.
- History of HR Management
- Identification and Analysis of Strategic Trends
- The Dynamics of Changing Technology
- Best Practices in HR Systems Design
- Financial Acumen for HR Professionals
- Mergers and Acquisitions Strategy
- HR Metrics
- ROI (return on investment) of Human Resources
Human Capital Management
This course focuses on the key business issues that affect productivity and effective delivery of human resources services in
the changing business environment.
Advanced Human Resources Management:
This course is designed for HR professionals who wish to make
an effective contribution at a strategic level in today's rapidly changing organizations.
- Strategic Partnerships
- Cross-Functional Teams and Team-Based Work
- Core Competencies
- The Virtual Workplace
- Identifying Key Customer Needs
- Positioning HR to Meet Customer Requirements
- The Changing Workforce
- Process Analysis
- Staffing Redesign
- Using Advanced Technology
- Becoming Strategic Partners in Effective Change
The program is designed to be completed in one-year part-time study. However, learners will have a maximum of two years to
complete all 3 courses.
- Advanced Communication and Negotiation Tactics
- Latest Trends in HR Metrics
- Strategies to Re-Engage Employees and Heighten
- Consultation, Coaching, Facilitation, Leadership
- Development, and Succession Planning
- Planning and Implementing a Succession-Management Program
- Multi-Generational Issues
- Implementing a Retention Strategy
- Advanced HR Management Skills
- Class Discussions, Presentations, Case Studies, Role Plays,
and Practical Application
Program participants must successfully complete all three courses with a grade of C or above to receive a UCLA Extension
Certificate of Completion. If you successfully complete the program, you also become eligible to receive an Advanced HRM
Certificate and Advanced HRM Certificate Badge from CPHR BC & YK. You will need to pay the Certificate Fee and submit proof of your
completion to email@example.com.
This advanced HRM program (as a package) is customized for CPHR BC & YK by UCLA Extension. The students cannot transfer individual courses
to this program later as the program is designed and customized as a package for registration and certification.
Please also see the Program Page on the
UCLA Extension Website.
Summer Quarter 2017:
Instruction dates: Monday, June 26, 2017 - Sunday, September 17, 2017
June 19, 2017
CPD Hours: 62.0
Registration Fees (in Canadian $):
Member: CAD $2,200.00
Non-Member: CAD $2,500.00
The mentioned fees are for the program (all 3 courses).
All pricing is subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714.
Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full refund, less a $25 processing fee, will be issued for cancellations submitted in writing by March 31, 2017 (5:00 pm). There will be no refunds for cancellations received after March 31, 2017. Please submit cancellation or substitution requests by fax (604-684-3225) or e-mail (email@example.com).