Financial 1st Aid for HR Professionals (On-demand)
(Original broadcast date: July 19, 2018.)
Join us for an engaging conversation on how to recognize signs and symptoms of financial distress amongst your employees, how to have the gentle "money chat", what help and resources are available beyond a referral to your EAP, and how to implement a few strategies to enhance financial wellness.
From this presentation, you will learn:
- how to recognize signs and symptoms of financial distress;
- how financial distress impacts employees, teams and the organization;
- how to approach employees who may be struggling financially;
- what resources and help is available to them and their employees that go beyond a referral to their EAP; and
- how to implement a few strategies in the workplace to enhance financial wellness.
Who should attend:
This session is geared for HR professionals who focus on employee wellness, benefits, and EAP referrals.
Stacy Yanchuk Oleksy is the Director of Education and Community Awareness at the Credit Counselling Society. She has a Master’s degree in Family Ecology, is a professional Coach and a Certified Educator in Personal Finance. Stacy is a passionate and dynamic speaker and facilitator and has over 15 years of experience in program development, adult education and leadership. She has presented at the 2017 and 2018 Annual Conference on Financial Education in the U.S., the 2017 National Family Resource Program conference in Canada, and has served on expert panels at University of British Columbia and Carleton University. She has published articles in Canadian Living, Vanier Institute for the Family, My Money Coach, and Amik, and has been interviewed by CBC Radio, Global National, and the Toronto Star. Stacy has co-written two workbooks - Making Cent$ of Money and Money Management Basics – 7 Steps That Will Help You Build a Budget That Works, and has developed personal finance curriculum for various workshops and webinars. Stacy serves on the Credit Counselling Canada Education Committee and has served on the Debt Advisory Committee for Consumer Protection BC, and the Advisory Committee for the Vancouver Rent Bank. In her spare time, Stacy loves to create art through fused glass, clay, and silversmithing.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must log in using your CPHR BC & Yukon login and password to receive member pricing.
• Trouble logging in to PD On-Demand? Watch our video tutorial or click here for help.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com
||• Professional Practice
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714