Creating Effective Employment Contracts that Protect your Company’s
Resources and Future Business Prospects (On-demand)
(Original broadcast date: September 12, 2017.)
Learn how to create an employment contract that will limit liability and provide stability and predictability in the relationship. Understand the numerous contractual provisions that are available and how an effective employment agreement can protect your business, products, confidential information, staff and more.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Interpret and draft employment agreements with emphasis on:
- Probationary clauses;
- Termination language;
- Constructive terminations; and
- Post-employment restrictions (non-compete and non-solicit agreements).
- How to effectively implement enforceable agreements with new staff and current staff.
- Effective negotiation strategies.
- Understanding the inherent value of written employment agreements.
- Contractual pitfalls to avoid.
- BConstructing a severance package
Carman Overholt, Q.C., Overholt Law
, works closely with senior management and human resources professionals to ensure compliance with labour, employment and human rights legislation, and development of policies and strategies that minimize the risk of litigation and disruption of operations. He has appeared, on behalf of employers, before the Supreme Court of BC, the Court of Appeal for BC, the BC Human Rights Tribunal, the Employment Standards Tribunal, the BC Labour Relations Board and the Canadian Industrial Relations Board.
Carman has represented employers in numerous labour arbitration proceedings and in connection with collective bargaining. He has significant experience in advising employers in various sectors of the economy including financial services, technology, retail, service, hospitality, construction, mining, forestry and manufacturing.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must provide your CPHR BC & Yukon Member ID to receive member pricing.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com.
||• Labour and Employee Relations
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714