Human Rights - Disability Management and the Duty to Accommodate (On-demand)
(Original broadcast date: December 6, 2017.)
The Duty to Accommodate is now a well-established legal principle in Canadian Employment Law. The Courts, Arbitrators and Adjudicators are applying the duty to accommodate in a wide range of circumstances that has resulted in an expansion of the duty. This webinar will discuss the current state of the law as it continues to evolve.
In this program, you will learn:
- Understanding human rights legislation as it relates to accommodation
- Minimizing claims and complaints for failing to accommodate
- Short and Long-term Disability claims and the impact of insurance
- GRTW – Learn how to manage disability claims
Who should take this course:
- HR practitioners and business professionals. Attendees will span all levels, with the largest proportion being mid and senior level practitioners.
Carman Overholt, Q.C., Overholt Law, practice is working closely with senior management and human resources professionals to ensure compliance with labour, employment and human rights legislation, and development of policies and strategies that minimize the risk of litigation and disruption of operations. He has appeared, on behalf of employers, before the Supreme Court of BC, the Court of Appeal for BC, the BC Human Rights Tribunal, the Employment Standards Tribunal, the BC Labour Relations Board and the Canadian Industrial Relations Board.
Carman has represented employers in numerous labour arbitration proceedings and in connection with collective bargaining. He has significant experience in advising employers in various sectors of the economy including financial services, technology, retail, service, hospitality, construction, mining, forestry and manufacturing.
• Both registration and payment are required for every person accessing this course. You must log in using your CPHR BC & Yukon login and password to receive member pricing.
• Trouble logging in to PD On-Demand? Watch our video tutorial or click here for help.
• Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com
||• Labour & Employee Relations
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714